*** IMPORTANT: DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS MARCH 31st AT 4:30PM ***
Please note the updated deadline time for RRRF applications - at 4:30PM Pacific Time the application portal for the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund will close and no further applications will be accepted - pending and submitted applications will continue to be processed until June 30, 2021. This deadline cannot be altered in any way. If you're pursuing or considering RRRF and are unsure of your ability to complete an application before the deadline, please contact CFNV Staff.
Loans Up to $60,000
The Government of Canada and Community Futures organizations (CFs) understand the difficulties the COVID-19 pandemic has caused the small business community throughout the West. As a result, the Government of Canada has made funds available to the CFs to provide support and assistance to SMEs through the rural stream of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF).
Small business owners impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for loans up to $60,000 through the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF). Those who are already clients of the original $40,000 RRRF loan can now apply for an additional $20,000.
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund provides funding to support businesses that have not been approved for supports through the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) or the Emergency Loan Program delivered through Aboriginal Financial Institutions.
- Maximum loan of $60,000;
- 0% interest until December 31, 2022;
- No principal payments until December 31, 2022;
- Principal repayments can be voluntarily made at any time without penalty;
- 25% in loan forgiveness is available on the first $40,000 and 50% in loan forgiveness on the $20,000 top up, provided the outstanding balance is paid back by December 31, 2022;
- If any part of the balance is not paid by December 31, 2022, the remaining balance will be converted to a term loan effective January 1, 2023; and,
- The full balance must be repaid no later than December 31, 2025.
Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) located in
Aspen Grove, Brookmere, Douglas Lake, Lower Nicola, Upper Nicola, Merritt and Quilchena. In addition, SME’s located in the following Bands that include: Lower Nicola Indian Band, Upper Nicola Indian Band, Shackan Indian Band, Nooaitch Indian Band, and Coldwater Indian Band.
Eligible Uses for Loan Funding
The funds from this loan shall only be used by the Borrower to pay non-deferrable operating expenses of the Borrower including, without limitation, payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax and regularly scheduled debt service, and may not be used to fund any payments or expenses such as prepayment/refinancing of existing indebtedness, payments of dividends, distributions and increases in management compensation. Note that funds from this loan cannot be used to pay expenses already supported through the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy or the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance.
Eligible Applicants for RRRF Loans
Small-and-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and Social Enterprises taking into account the following:
- Established prior to March 1, 2020;
- Impacted adversely due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Viable and not experiencing financial pressures prior to March 1, 2020; and
- Ineligible, rejected, and/or not already receiving other federal relief supports for the same expenditures.
For Loans Over $40,000 (up to 1M)
Toll Free: 1-888-338-9378